From:
William Alan Killian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Feb 1996 11:22:40 -0500
>To: Kelleen Andrews <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: Otee's Color?????
You didn't describe much color on the head.  If it is pretty close to white
except for that patch on the back of the head, I'd guess panda pattern.  I
can;t see obviously the 'butterscotch' color you are talking about.  Their
are stains from oils that often look very like a true color but really
aren't.  Very deceptive sometimes.  There are a few ferrets that are
tricolors.  I have a silver (roan mitt by AFA terms) that also has a real
brown (sable brown) patch that runs from the chest around the back onto the
other side of the chest.  I've seen roan mitts (silvers) with brown areas.
I haven't determined the genetics in these yet.  I haven't seen a good
description of these in any ferret standard or genetics text yet.  Something
for me to study I guess.  I would guess that what Otee is would be Black
Roan Panda (in AFA terms) or Silver Panda (in FURO standards) There is no
current way to describe the other colorings.

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets