From:
Todd Leuthold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Apr 2001 12:07:08 -0400
Condolences to those with sick, missing, or angeled California Cow
Tacklers...

Yesterday (Tuesday) I was taking Taz for a walk around the neighborhood.
Now, *I* go for the walk to get exercise.  Taz usually goes along for the
"ride" (he sits on my shoulder, sniffs everything and generally looks
cute), though occasionally, he prefers to turf-surf if he sees grass, or
something interesting on the ground.  Yesterday, though the temperature
was reasonable, the stiff breeze tended to make things rather chilly.  I
decided that wearing a coat was a good thing and Taz likes to sit under the
left should of the coat to keep warm, while sticking his head and shoulders
out of the neck area of the coat.

While walking, a young girl happened to see us and did the "Awwwww!" bit,
then asked me if he was a baby seal!!!  I know that Taz doesn't speak
English, but when she asked that question, he snapped his head around to
look at her, as if saying "What...you've never seen a seal before???"  Most
of the people in the neighborhood are familiar with Taz, as these "walks"
are almost regular.  At one time or another, someone has asked me what he
was, and now they share that information with new people that see him.
At another point in yesterday's walk, a mother with three children moved
aside to let me walk past.  The mother then asked aloud what the animal on
my shoulder was.  Before I could say anything, her son, whom I have seen
before, told her "That is a ferret.  He's about 4 1/2 years old.  His name
is Taz and he is a sable ferret.  He doesn't bite, but gets scared if there
are too many people around him." I just kept on walking, but had a 3-foot
smile on my face.  The kids are learning!  :)

Todd and the Fuzzbutt Rodeo Clowns!

---
Help a Shelter!
http://GiftsAndCollectibles.sites.cc/