From:
FML Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Oct 2008 00:29:53 -0400
[Moderator's note: This post and the two following were sent in
response to yesterday's anonymous poster who wrote about shelter
shock. Normally, the e-mail address shown for anonymous posts can't
be replied to, but I tried a little experiment in the last few issues:
I made the address shown for anonymous posts the same address people
use to submit anonymous posts. The post did get 3 replies, but since
I have no idea if these replies were meant to be posted on the FML
or to be forwarded to the original poster, I have to post them here
anonymously.

Because of this confusion, I think I'll go back to showing an address
which can't be replied to. As before, if you need to forward a response
to the poster you can send it to me and ask me to forward it, but I
*really* prefer people just post responses to the FML itself so we can
all benefit from them. BIG]

Hi.....

I would add Carafate to the mix.... given 10 to 15 minutes prior
to each meal on an empty stomach. It should be given alone about
30 minutes or more before any meds.

It will coat the belly, make him feel good, and encourage eating. It
is good you are feeding him, because an ulcer needs to be feed. It was
always my understanding that when a ferret had shelter shock...it was
best to handle him very little, and keep him in his cage w/his bedding
and smells of home.

You can double check this with the rest of hte group... but that has
been my understanding.

I know pepcid has also been added for ulcers....so you may want to
post this to the FHL as well!

Best of luck, I will say a prayer for him,

[JA]