From:
Jenna Leigh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Sep 1998 17:11:02 -0700
Yesterday I wrote to this list with an inquiry in regard to a peculiar
stain which has developed around my ferret's mouth.  Thanks to everyone for
your responses.  I was beginning to feel less concerned, because several
days have passed since the stain first showed up and no other symptoms had
surfaced.  Thus, it figures that when I went into by bedroom to read only
minutes ago, my ferret began hacking (I'm sorry - I know this is not a
pleasant subject).  I thought that she might have a hairball, but the
substance which came spewing to a stop a foot or so ahead of her was not
hair.  She threw up.

So the question, now, is... how sick is she and how serious is it??  I'm
scared to death because I have a paycheck coming, but I've no way of being
sure of when it will arrive.  It could be days, weeks... month(s).  And
until it comes, I'm absolutely broke and am relying on my parents.  They
don't willingly support my ferret, though, so I'm not sure if I'll be able
to convince them to fund a visit to the vet.

The point that I'm trying to make is that I do intend to take her to the
vet as soon as I am able, but I am not sure how soon that would be.  I'd
like to know if anyone has ever dealt with anything similar to this, and
how serious they believe my ferret's condition may be??

I once had a wonderful book about rats in which a variety of symptoms were
listed and accompanied by the illnesses which they most likely signified.
I was very disappointed to discover that my ferret book did not come in as
handy in such situations.  If no one has had experience with these sort of
symptoms, can anyone recommend a good book or website which may provide me
with some information on the subject?  I'd really appreciate anything that
anyone has to offer.

Thanks,
Jenna Leigh

 "The only limit to animation is your imagination.
 After all, how else can you see an elephant fly?"
 ->,the Unoffical Christine Cavanaugh Page!
 http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/1932