From:
Nancy Busso <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Jan 2010 14:08:18 EST
My husband already had a recliner when we acquired ferrets so I told
him no reclining when the ferrets were up and about. I thought that
they were safe. One day I heard screaming...no actually it was
screeching, coming from underneath the recliner. I quickly flipped the
recliner over and Sneaky, who at that time was still a vicious biter,
was caught in the metal reclining parts by ONE TOE. I carefully (got
bit any ways) slid her toe out of it but by that time it was already
swollen because she had been struggling. The toe did not appear broken
so I watched her for a while before thinking I had to rush her to the
vet. Her toe gradually reduced in size and she walked using that foot.

When my husband got home, he immediately walked to "his chair" to sit
down....GONE.....sitting outside on the decking. It is still sitting on
the decking (under the patio roof) like some redneck Oregonian piece of
furniture. I refuse to let the thing come back into the house and he
refuses to get rid of it. The dogs enjoy using it when they are
banished to the outside when the ferrets are loose.

In place of the recliner, over-stuffed couch and loveseat that used to
be in our living room there is an ugly futon couch thing, a matching
ugly futon chair thing and a wooden bench...all safe for ferrets. In
our house FERRETS RULE......

Nancy, who has to hear from her husband DAILY how much he misses "his
chair" but could give a crap.....