From:
"Aileen N." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jul 1999 20:24:45 +0000
>On the average, the female helpers spend more time "playing" with the
>ferrets and "cuddling" them than cleaning the crap out of litter pans and
>washing cages and utensils.

For this one, I must mention that I am the only one who cleans the Herd's
cages.  My fiance, Sean, nearly threw up the one time he tried!  So he
merely stands behind me while I scoop and hands me cupfuls of litter.  He
says he can't get too close and smell it because it makes him gag! :-)  I
do admit, though, that I am a major cuddler!

>Plus the fact they are too weak to lift a bucket full of ferret waste or
>lift a bag of fresh cat litter.

When our local Home Depot was still carrying wood pellets (out of stock til
winter now :-((), I went in, grabbed one 30lb (or are they 40lbs each?) bag
in each arm and sauntered up to the register.  On my way, a young male
employee ran up to offer assistance.  I told him "no, thank you." He raised
his eyebrows, turned away and mumbled "damn" in an incredulous tone.

Oh, and when I was in college I gave my 185lb male friend a piggyback ride
to the dining hall, just for sh*ts and giggles.

Aileen, the 130lb weakling, & the Hefty Herd
Slinky, Gizmo, Kyle, Noel, & Sandy