From:
debi sadowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Nov 2010 06:43:39 -0800
With a still broken heart I'm letting everyone know that Chinook passed
away this morning with the help of one of my vets after having
screaming seizures.

Chinook was brought to me in February of 2008 in a catatonic state due
to insulinoma where upon she surrendered him to me as she could afford
to care for his special needs. I gave him a dexamethosone shot of 2.5cc
to help bring him around. He was seviely dehydrated and had water
poops. I hand fed him for a week and gave him meds to fight off any
infection he may have had. He thrived under my care and was getting a
dexamethosone shot ever couple of months to level out his glucose. Over
time his shots became more frequent and recently he had been getting
his shots weekly. He became my special boy and loved being cuddled
especially when I was cleaning out litter boxes as I sat on the floor.

Maureen Henn had e-mailed me last week letting me know "Nookie" was
going to be the recipient of her being his secret Santa this year as I
had mentioned that I felt this would be his last Christmas. Little did
I know that yesterday would turn out to be his last Thanksgiving.

Would one of the greeters please meet Chinook (Nookie) at the bridge?
Please make sure his momma Woolie Bear who passed away this past
January and his daddy Dante' who passed away a couple of years ago are
there to greet him? I acquired his mom and dad after the breeder was
done using them for breeding and didn't want them anymore. It was
ironic that Nookie would end up with me to spend his final days. He
never got to see his daddy but got to spend much time with his momma
before she passed.

Nookie is a gorgeous WHITE albino with iridescent pin eyes. At the time
of his passing (almost 7yrs old)he was blind and mostly deaf. I told
him about the Rainbow Bridge and the greeters. I explained that his
momma & daddy would be waiting him as well as my other Fuzzy Loving
Ferrets crew who passed before him. I thank Nookie for waiting till I
could hold and comfort him during his passing instead of waiting till
I was away from home. Let him know he is very much loved and will be
greatly missed by all here.

Still with a broken heart,
Mommy Debi