From:
[log in to unmask] (Greg Hastings)
Date:
Sat, 1 Oct 94 11:17 MDT
We just added number 11 to our household.  Her name is Kai (Yippee Kai-Yea).
She is a Marshall Farms ferret, although now their new name is Marshall
Ferrets.  New address 5740 Limekiln Rd, Wolcott, NY (all our other MF
ferrets came from North Rose, NY), phone (315)594-1760.

Now for the confusion, I don't know how to start describing the markings on
our new girl.  She has four white feet, white tip to the tail (about 1/3 the
length of the tail), light back except for dark shoulder, almost black,
black band between ears, mask is faint.  When I first saw her I thought she
was a silver - but she isn't.  Is there any "authoritative" description of
the various color forms in ferrets?  IE what is the difference between a
panda and a shetland (if any).

We have two pandas both started with pretty good hearing.  Willie is now
about 90% deaf - he still reacts to high freqency sounds.  He started
getting deaf sometime around his third birthday (he is now almost 5).
Wilma, the other panda, has showed no problems with hearing - other than
normal ferret selective hearing ("WILMA, IN THE BOX!" is not heard at any
volume but "wilma, would you like a treat" gets a rapid postivie response at
a whisper).
Greg and Alice                                               [log in to unmask]