From:
De Fretten-Ark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Aug 1999 23:34:58 +0200
hello everyone,

Scott, when I read your answer to my questions, I get devided between two
emotions.  the first one is sadness, because you were indeed right, when
you say that those tests on ferrets are necessary to develop medication to
heal other ferrets and to become progress in human health.  it is thanks
to those tests, that many lifes where saved.  The other emotion is anger.
because eventually it comes down to only two things, suffering for the
ferret, and money for those who let them suffer.  you can not tell me that
Marshall Farms doesn't sell their ferrets to labs for cosmetic tests.  As
far as it concerns the welfare of animal and human, I say it's O.K.
Otherwise, I disagree.  But who am I, to fight an organization that big.  I
see I can do nothing to prevent it to happen.  You know, sometimes, being
an animal lover feels more like a punishment, then a gift.  It hurts,
knowing these things are happening in our world.  I thank everyone that
answered my question and hope that within time, humans will know enough,
so those tests will be no longer necessary...

greetings from Belgium ...
Hans, Sandra and the terrible thirteen