Date:
Sat, 28 Aug 1999 23:52:52 -0500
I could not let this diatribe pass without a response.  I usually ignore
most of Bob's posts, because frankly, I don't think they are worth my time
and energy.  But I am so sick and tired of his name calling and temper
tantrum throwing "in the name of ferrets" that this is it.

>I am ashamed to be associated with small-minded moralistic neonazis who,
>simply because they do not understand the humor behind an obviously faked
>Halloween photo, attempt to drive fine and decent god-fearing people out
>of business.  WWJD?

And I suppose that calling someone names and running down their opinions is
different if it comes from you?  And then trying to pull religion into it?
What would Jesus do?  Jesus wouldn't call people who disagreed with him
neonazis that is certain.

You, Mr. Church, have called time and time again for people to boycott
Ferrets magazine.  Please tell my why this is different than people
protesting the content of another magazine?  Maybe because their opinion
differs from yours?

I personally am very tired of your intolerance disguised behind moral
outrage and your continued use of religious references to justify your
own opinions.

And by placing yourself up as a big time ferret expert (at least I am
assuming anyone who calls himself a ferret god is doing this) then going on
yet another temper tantrum and calling government agencies childish names
you say you help ferrets?  How does alienating those we need to educate
help?

>I am reconsidering my long-standing decision to assist strangers at great
>cost of personal time, money and effort.  I will most probably quit the FML
>because of this disgusting and repugnant act by a few people.  They are
>likely going to be responsible for the demise of a fine publication SIMPLY
>BECAUSE OF TASTE!  I am outraged.  We have all lost a valuable and helpful
>magazine.

If you cannot help all because of your hatred of a few, then you have no
business saying you are for ferrets and should leave the ferret world
behind.  There is no one person, not even you, who is indispensable to
the ferret world at large.

And please, did Mary and Eric announce the end of Modern Ferret?  Or are
you now their spokesman?

Maggie and "the pass the earplugs please and hit the delete key" mob in Mid
Mo