From:
Death Adder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Oct 2003 20:26:39 -0000
Thanks for the welcome home from all of you who wrote.  I'll try and get
personal messages off to you all soon.

OK, I don't get it , kay cunningham wrote:
>hi, why would anyone want to subject an animal to the effects of this
>substance is beyond me, what benefits can an animal get from this?"

The discussion was about the use of marijuana to treat sick ferrets ,
it was also a spin-off of the "stoned ferrets thread".  Ferrets that had
got onto say a coffee table and knocked a beer over and the effects the
alcohol had on them .

As for your stoned cat, if she not taking care of the kittens I doubt pot
is the cause.

Marajuana is only effective for about 2 days even though you can unine
test a "Stoned" person upto 45 days after their last "Bowl" but the
effect is gone.  The cat might be sick for other reasons and jumping
right to "stoned" might close your eyes to underlying causes.  Sukie,
I'm sure you know a dozen post partum DX's for felines like a retained
placeanta or even blood loss from partuation or?

Kay, please don't paint us with a rainbow colored brush as a but of pot
heads , slobbering beer drinkers or un-caring animal lovers.

As for you suggestion about "policing" animal owners to make sure they
keep thier pets healthy, go for it , the US, Gov.  has been looking for
a way to legally kick in the front door for many years , just one less
of our freedoms.

"GEORGE ORWELL YOU WERE RIGHT........BTW, ave you ever given your cat
"Catnip?" doesn't that make them stoned too.

Mark