From:
"E.M. Ennis" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Apr 1998 23:12:29 -0400
Greetings.
One of our guys, Wylie, has just gone through a major shed.  He's going to
be 2 in about a month, so this is only the second spring shed we've seen
from him.  None of our other 4 are going through anything remotely like
what he's going through.  I'm not thinking adrenal due to his young age
and the rapidity of the loss (winter coat to almost nothing in less than a
week), but I am concerned about the amount of hair he's lost on his rump.
He's down to bare skin on his haunches, mostly from his licking.  He's
worked at it enough so that the skin is getting red and inflamed.  His tail
and stomach/chest are still in winter-coat mode.  I can't really use bitter
apple since the skin is irritated and I don't want to put anything on that
will encourage him to lick it off, yet for obvious reasons it can't be
toxic.  Any suggestions?  We've changed nothing in our/their lives recently
that would elict such a response.

                                        -Erin...