From:
William Alan Killian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Jan 1996 03:02:34 -0500
Oh divided loyalties...
Totally Ferret was designed by a friend of mine - and I come from St.  Louis
Missouri (Mazuri is a 'funny' way of spelling Missouri) where Purina is.
What I say about these is our opinion based on our experiences.  Others have
different opinions based on their experiences.

Both seem to be very good foods.  We've used both.  Try buying some of both.
See what your ferrets like.  If they like both, then you could actually use
both.  Some folks like to provide variety for their ferrets.  We think that
the variety might be more what the humans 'think' the ferret is interested
in.  I've even gotten nasty email complaining that we rely mostly on one
food.  Silly that was.  Use what works for you and your ferrets.  Since both
are good, using both and providing choice is not a bad idea.

We use Totally Ferret mostly because of what we've learned from Tom Willard
(the creator) and its success with our ferrets.  The Mazuri food is a little
harder for us to get.  However we use Totally Ferret as food for our ferrets
that need more than Iams cat food provides.  Something about $20+ dollars a
bag vs.  $30+ dollarsa bag when we go through two 20 lb.  bags of food a
week.  Those who know our ferrets know they are not suffering from
malnutrition - unless a 7 pound hob is malnourished.  (7 solid pounds not
bloated).

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets