From:
Michelle Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Jan 1998 07:07:17 -0600
Well, I still have not been able to go and rescue the ferret from the pet
store.  I am hoping to be able to do so today.  I just pray no one else has
come in there to buy her.  But I find it really infuriating that a pet store
owner can know so little about the lives he is in charge of.  My goodness,
when my husband sold computers, he read everything he could about everything
he sold, that way he would be prepared to tell customers what they needed to
know.  You would think a pet store owner would do the same.  He is dealing
with living creatures after all, not machines!  There oughta be a law
against this kind of stuff.

Anyways....if everyone on the FML could say a quick prayer or keep this
fuzzy girl in your thoughts it would be appreciated.  And cross your fingers
as well.  Hopefully she will get a new home soon, with a fuzzy brother and
sister, and a clean bill of health after a trip to the vets.

My husband doesn't understand my "obsession" with ferrets.  And he thinks I
am nuts.

I guess you can add this to your "you know your addicted to ferrets when"
list.  You know your a die hard ferret lover, when your willing to risk
displeasing your husband by trying to get fifty dollars for your wedding
ring to save a ferrets life.  LOL???  But he didn't understand it when I
wanted to adopt our nephew when his mother wanted to give him up to run off
with her boyfriend.  His motto is to take of your own, and not everyone
else's.  He will just have to live with it.  I dont think ferrets cross our
paths by chance.  There is a definite reason for every fuzzy that comes into
our lives.  Okay, now I am sounding fanatical...

On to brighter things.  Our most recent addition is doing well.  We decided
to call her Shandy.  Which means rambunctious (hey, I call em like I see em)
And she is a handful.  I am not used to having a fuzzy beg for food.  But so
far she has made a fool out of herself for pasta and green beans.  She eats
one and hides the rest.  Gypsy thinks she is nuts.  He looks at her in
disgust as if to say "how can you eat that??" She is very vocal, and the
only time she is quiet is when she is asleep.  Lil fat fur ball.... :-)

We had a bit of an accident the other day.  Gypsy was trying to get back out
of his cage as I was putting him in and got his wittle tail caught in the
door.  He was the vocal one then.  I felt so bad.  He didn't seem to mind
after about 30 minutes of cuddling and lots of kisses.  He was probably
thinking "hey, at least I got my way, I got back out!" But he now has a bold
spot of broken off hair where the cage door was on his tail.  But it's not
bruised or anything, it just pulled off his little hair.  I think mom felt
worse than he did.  But he still gives me kisses to let me know he isn't mad
at me.

Michelle and the dynamic duo