Date:
Thu, 26 Jan 1995 01:57:23 -0500
Ever been in the middle of a "he said, she said" arguement? Seems I got stuck
in the middle of one. Here is a clarification regarding the last legal
update.

To the knowledge of Ferrets Anonymous, they WERE given permission for a press
release from another member of Senator Kopp's staff. I have been told by FA
that they are now also cleared for a general announcement of SB 55.

The text of SB 55 is still unkown as of this writing, and the March issue of
Ferret Focus will go over in more detail what may or may not be in the bill
in its final form. We may know by then what Commitee it is in too. As far as
I know, the bill introduced was the same as last year's bill (which didn't
pass).

Also expect sample letters to write to be posted. CDFA is recommending, per
last year's bill, that we wait until we know what committee the bill is in
before writing letters, and then write letters to those committee members.
The bill is liable to change quite a bit before the rest of the Senators see
it, so there is no need to bother them--yet. Timing is everything.

If you have any comments, please feel free to e-mail. To join, call
510-538-6642. Remember, your $25 helps CDFA pay the really obnoxious legal
costs in pushing this bill, and it is playing h*ll with our budget. ANY
donations are appreciated.

California Domestic Ferret Association
Public Relations Director