From:
Lisa Hoxmeier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Nov 1998 12:41:37 -0600
For my birthday my fiance bought me a kitten.  We already have two ferrets
and heard that if your going to introduce ferrets to a new pet, its best to
make sure the pet is young (a kitten or puppy).  Last night we let the
kitten and the ferrets smell each other.  The kitty was a little scared and
even batted at the ferrets.  The ferrets, on the other hand, just wanted to
keep on smelling the kitty, they kept following him around the house and
didn't seem to mind if the kitten lashed out at them.  I don't want the
ferrets to get a negative reaction from the kitty and I don't want the
kitty to think the ferrets are a toy.

I would like to hear from people who have introduced a kitten to their
ferrets and what kind of luck they had of the bunch getting along.  How
long did it take before all the pets were comfortable with each other?  Any
advise on techniques you used?  Please respond to my e-mail directly.
Thanks.

Lisa
Bailey, Monster, and the new kitty