From:
Jennifer Hudson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 May 2000 20:29:21 -0400
So, did you do it yet?????  Why not???  Can't afford it???  How about
giving up your morning cup of coffee at Starbucks, Wawa, Dunkin Donuts,
etc. for 7 days - how much money is that???  Skip the can of soda with
lunch for two weeks (have a glass of water) - how much is that, plus look
how much healthier???  Pack lunch for a couple days.  Do you smoke, play
the lottery - well, you get the picture!

I had to post again to say that I copied my message to my two favorite
shelters so they were aware what was going on.  Guess what I heard
back?????  I heard a story of one shelter mom hanging up the phone just
before reading my email with a woman who wants to turn in two, maybe four
ferrets.  Big deal, right?  Happens everyday.... But this woman has two
senior ferrets, both with either/both insulinoma and/or adrenal and has
not had them treated.  She knows these poor things are dying and she does
not want to watch.  So who gets the call to take on this burden, yes, the
closest ferret shelter.  This just by coindence happened to be someone I
mentioned in my post, someone I know personally and think the world of.
For those of you familar with older ferrets in this condition, you are
aware of what will happen to them in a shelter.  For those who have never
heard the story, the ending is not happy.  Older ferrets have a difficult
time adapting to this kind of change to begin with, but to put them in a
shelter this ill is a death sentence, a quick horrible death sentence.
Most sick, older ferrets will quickly die.  Again, who gets the joy of
watching this???  Shelter moms and dads.  Maybe you would never turn in
your old ferrets to let someone else watch them wither away, but some
people do.  And to show our gratitude to those people for trying to provide
comfort and love for even a brief moment to those older ferrets, we should
at least make the minimal offer of $10 towards the care those old babies
need.  This is not just for the ferrets, this is for the shelter moms and
dads too.  This is the way everyone else can say you are appreciated, we
are thankful that you are there to save those babies and old fuzzies in
need and pain.

How about the little babies???  The other shelter mom I mentioned emailed
me last night with a story about young kits being left out in this
sweltering heat.  Can you imagine being put in a box and left in this
blazing sun the east coast has had the past few days until someone found
you???  Those babies would have died of heat exhaustion if not for a
special shelter mom.  For this, I'm saying send $10.  Isn't the time these
people give everyday worth $10??

There are thousands of people reading this list everday, if only 1,000
people donated just $10 to a shelter of their choice, that is $10,000
going to the aid of fuzzies in need.  Maybe not all at one shelter, but a
little for everyone is a wonderful thing.  And if nothing else, it lets the
shelters know we care more than just typing emails/posts complaining about
how lousy other people treat their fuzzies.  If you have EVER posted about
someone's treatment of their ferret, then you are obligated to put your
money where your 'fingers' are and truly help.

Hugs to all,

Jen and Gang