From:
Gordon Bengtson CI-ASMEL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Nov 2005 20:15:14 -0500
First I want to thank Marguerite for her kind words to me in her post on
my comments on 8 in1 of late.

I still cannot defend that company no matter what they make that may be
good.  I have been a packaging maintenance manager and engineer for well
known products such as JR Mints, Sugar Babies, Charleston Chew, Sugar
Daddies, Twinkies, Hostess Bread, Girl Scout Cookies, Nabisco Products
and many other items you commonly find on your own shelves.  I know the
machinery deeply in depth, the production processes and quality controls
that every single faction of these food plants absolutely MUST adhere to
exactly for the product to be viable for wholesale and retail which
includes term storage and transportation factors.

It is true that isolated negative events will occur and these can be
explained by close investigation by the wide variety of input from all
the different department managers, supervisors and associates in a plant
that do the investigation to find the root cause.

In the case of 8 in 1 this is not isolated.  This is wide spread and
rampart.  If they cannot recall ALL the bad product, then the quality
control and accounting departments are absent in viability where
documentation fails to reflect code dates and shipments which can track
any item made by type, factory, line, date, shift and time of day within
not more than 8 hours.

Phooey to 8 in 1.  As Marguerite stated, we need to preach and NOT buy
any of their products until 8 in 1 gets their act to a professional and
acceptable level.

If you heard that one person got a bogus burger from a particular fast
food place, you may discount it as one of those isolated events.  But if
you heard that food place had many instances of this over a long period
of time, wood you eat there?  Will you spend your hard earned cash to
feed this to a pet you love and that loves you in return?

The answer is most obvious.

Thanks again Marguerite !

Gordon, Pete and RePete