Date:
Mon, 21 Jun 2004 17:56:21 +0000
Okay... I need help with my boy Ringo.  Back in February he had adrenal
surgery and also had an insulinoma taken off his pancreas.  He bounced
right on back from that and was running around like the maniac he is.
About two weeks ago, he started acting strange- sluggish, smelled sweet
(not corn chippy).  Off to the vet we went and his blood sugar was low.
The vet indicated that this was to be expected and put him on steroids.
We had done the same thing with Jeffry several weeks earlier and he is
back fat and fluffy.  Ringo has not bounced back.  He has lost a lot of
weight and is very lethargic still.  The vet and I talked and he
indicated that the steroids were the last effort, that nothing else could
be done.  Ringo is still eating some and drinking.  He's still pooping
and peeing.  He gets a dose of a prednisone-like steroid every other
night.  What else do I do?  He needs to put that weight back on and start
eating better for sure.  I've been wetting down kibble with Ferretvite
and turkey baby food mixed in.  He eats some, but mainly slurps the water
off of it.  He sleeps most of the time now and hasn't froliced in weeks.
What do I do to get him moving again?

Anne