Date:
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 19:30:21 -0500
Hi Everyone,

I hope everyone is doing well... Humans too!  There have been a lot of
losses lately and my thoughts and prayers are with everyone going through
the rough time.  Dawn and Alice, I've written to you both privately about
your sick ferrets.... I am sorry that they both had to be helped over the
bridge.  You made their lives so much better with your love and caring,
you made the ultimate decision to end their pain.  It was the right thing
to do for Tazy and Farrah.  Rest assured that they are in a better place
and will be happy to "dook and dance" when they see you again.

Now... on to the tooth business.  My eldest ferret, Joey (approx 4 years
old) is losing weight on me.  He is skinny but eating, drinking and playing
still.  I noticed today that one of his upper canines is yellow while the
others are white.  My husband said that when he took a raisin yesterday,
he chewed it and then spit it out.  Could this little guy have a toothache
that is causing his weight loss?  I dread to think of another ferret with
lymphosarcoma as I've already lost two within a year of each other.... and
I worry about the possibility of it being viral.  I have 4 right now, three
of which have been in contact with Shirley who I lost in Nov.  He doesn't
have any lumps (and we are feeling daily) but Laverne never had any.  Her
cancer was in either her stomach or intestines (I sure wish I had a
necropsy done now ): I've got this worried-mom-syndrome going on right now
and I trust this list for providing me insights and answers.  Everyone has
come through in the past and I am thankful for that support.

Thanks in advance to everyone,

Korri

Taz, Sophie, Joey and Mitzee
Our Home Page