Date:
Mon, 14 Dec 1998 02:24:02 -0800
#1 Thanks SO MUCH to all of you who responded and helped me find a home
for the two little rescue girls I had taken in.  I am now back down to my
personal 6 ferrets and the family who took in the girls also took their
"brother" who was a special needs kid and drove 6hrs both ways to pick up
these guys!

#2 Im no vet but uhm castration and neutering are the same thing.  *neuter*
is used because you remove the testes and with them the male hormones
(testosterone) - okay not all the male hormones but you get it....:)
Never would you remove the penis!!  Removing the penis would probably
necesitate recontructive surgery so the poor little guy could pee again!

#3 Im curious as to how many ferret breeders make their customers sign
contracts regarding their ferrets.  Reputable dog and cat breeders would
never sell to pet stores or let an animal go w/o a contract stating that
the animal will be neutered (unless it is under a show/breeder contract) or
spayed and if there is ever a reason the owner cannot keep the animal that
it will be returned to the breeder.  My family worked with a rare terrier
breed for about 50 yrs and the few times a dog or bitch or ours was bred we
took responsibility for each puppy for the rest of its life.  The last KBT
we owned was actually one of our puppies that got returned 8yrs after the
fact when her owner was put in an assisted care home.

just curious!
btw-if anyone in Atlanta area is interested in a cage, carrier, litter
boxes etc - gently used - please let me know!
Rachael
 Rachael Marie Kelly  | Although I have moments of realism, much of my life
 Marietta, Georgia    | is spent on a whim.  It can annoy people who don't