From:
Ferretwise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jan 2006 13:53:33 -0500
a poster asked Ferret Wise Shelter:

 ..." At 02:50 PM 1/13/2006, you wrote:
>How come GI dad isn't paying for it?"

We would like to explain to all the list readers who may be wondering.
Robert is supporting his two human children, their Mom as well as 6(now
5) ferrets.

The family of our Ferret Warrior has sent donations to help as has
Robert - The family is caring for 2 remaining ferrets Robert left behind
for his committment to the US military.

He ( Robert) did pay $400 last year towards the adrenal surgery of elder
ferret Boo-Boo.  This year the family also sent a donation to the hospice
folks who provided out of pocket expenses towards Casper & Boo-Boo's
care.

Meanwhile Ferret Wise Shelter has provided Totally Ferret Food, and
Monthly Lupron injections which are Fed Ex'ed from our local shelter
vet to the treating VT hospice vet for the ferrets ( was 4 now 3) plus
Melatonin implants every 3 months.

There are 3 remaining ferrets under the care of the shelter- plus 2 are
being cared for by Roberts' extended family.

Ferret Wise is doing all we can to provide care for quality of life for
these ferrets along with all our other hospice residents.  We think this
is fair.  However - When you have 20 plus ferrets receiving melatonin
implants every 3 months and lupron monthly that adds up.  In addition we
have insulinoma patients and emergency surgeries & diagnostics.

For these reasons, and many more like basic shelter operating costs, we
need to have a fund raiser so Dargo can have his surgery and get a good
recovery.  It would be nice when his Dad returns form Iraq to be able to
greet the remaining ferrets.... don't you think?

Alicia at Ferret Wise
www.ferretwise.org