From:
April Armstrong Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jan 2006 03:07:38 -0500
No flame taken. :)  I am the vet tech that posted that little tidbit-I
didn't say that there was no other medical problem or that there was no
pain for this little guy-I just didn't feel it necessary for the purpose
of my posting to get into the entire medical case for this guy-I just
thought I was sharing something interesting about a ferret "peenie".
The fragment was evaluated by an exotics lab and was not a bladder or
kidney stone.

I was just posting about the very unusual peenie episode without posting
something super lengthy (like I usually do :) ) and that I thought would
be interesting... (I agree-not too likely or common, but it did happen!)

Dooks,
-April AC, vet tech and ferret owner

Part of Bob's post:
>"Q: (A ditzy blonde sent this question to me with an ominous threat if I
>didn't address it fully, I would get into trouble): "No way, Bob!  Can
>this actually happen?  Peeing out the penis bone and all?  Do you think
>this is a urban myth?"

Part of my original post:
>You know, we actually had someone call our clinic saying they founnd
>what looked like a bone in their ferret's litter box after he used it,
>and his peepee area looked swollen and indeed, his little penis bone
>had somehow broken and the broken part came out in the litterbox!"

Part of Bob's post: