From:
PETLOVES <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Mar 1998 01:24:08 -0500
Hello Ferret Lovers,

We're working on a really cool idea and need your help to see it through.
We've been in contact with the makers of "Pet Crests" for dogs and cats, and
they've offered to create a Ferret Crest for our domestic ferret!  The crest
is an historical family emblem for our ferret following the design of the
medieval coat-of-arms, including a photo of a ferret (or ferrets) and
symbols depicting characteristics and history of the ferret.  The crest will
be available on lots of different products, like t-shirts, mugs, prints,
etc.  when it is finished.

We need to submit a brief history of the domestic ferret, a really good
photo of one or more ferrets, and some ideas for symbols for the crest
itself.  I think I can create the history thanks to all the wonderful
information on ferret sites such as Pam's Ferret Central and others (Bob C:
when are you going to finish your history page???).  But any input would be
appreciated.  Perhaps an expert on this list would offer to "proof" it to
make sure it's accurate.  Any volunteers?

We especially need your ideas for SYMBOLS we could use for the crest itself.
Anything of historical significance or that characterizes the domestic
ferret.  Also, if anyone out there has a really professional-looking photo
of one or more ferrets, and you'd like YOUR ferrets to be pictured on the
crest, we'd love to use it too (we'd return your photo unharmed of course).
The artists creates a beautiful water-color image from the photo.

I hope this works out because I think our ferrets deserve their own Crest
too.

Thanking you all in advance for your input,
Bonnie Burwell
and the Baltimore Fuzzbusters
PETLOVES
Artistic Products for Pet Lovers