From:
Naoyuki Hosokawa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Dec 1999 09:00:27 -0500
Hi all,

I posted my question about onion and ferrets several days ago, but did not
receive any response.  So I'm trying again for better luck.

I found a piece of information saying onion (and scallion) causes animia
and/or jaundice if given to ferrets.  I have never seen or heard such info
before, but remember that someone said in FML that Gerber's baby food is
not good to give ferret because it contains onion (my memory is vague, I
don't even remember when or why people were talking about it.)  I don't
give onion or scallion to my ferret but would like to know if it's true.
The info appears in a Japanese ferret book written by a zoo keeper.  He
says this is well-known among dogs.

Hope someone responds this time.
Keiko