From:
Mattias Lindstrom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Dec 1999 14:02:46 +0100
>From:    "Butts, Jennifer" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: To those outside of the USA
>I was shocked, because except for pets kept outside, everyone I know in
>the US has at least a couple of toys for their pets.  Just curious if this
>is only an American thing.

Hi-diddly-ho.

Are you sure that your friends didn't pull your leg?

I can ansver to some extent for Sweden, Finland, Norway and UK (aparantly
not :)).  Those are the countries I have experience of.  Most of the pet
owners, not only ferret owners, but generic to pets, know that toys is a
great way to stimulate your furry friend.  And even some reptiles as well
(I have a freined that has some toys for his Iguana).

Pet toys isn't an "american" thing, it something that pet owners all over
the world use.  But maybe your friends was referring to bought or homemade
toys?

Mattias Lindstrom