From:
Minta Ruark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Dec 1999 08:07:16 -0700
Please no flames about this post, but...

I have recently had two of my older ferrets get classic ferret diseases; a
couple months ago Linus had adrenal surgery, and now my oldest Zooey is
undergoing insolinoma and inflammatory bowel disease.  Linus' vet care was
more expensive than it was actually necessary (in retrospect).  Zooey is
going to need surgery & a biopsy now.  I have always put aside money for
things like this, and while this fund is seriously depleted this fall,
there is still money for Zooey's care.  My concern is that it might not
be there for the next emergency.  I have thought long and hard about this,
and would like to be given the benefit of that doubt that I don't want to
do this, but, I feel it is the best thing to find a new home for my two
younger ferrets.  It scares me they might get sick before I have had a
chance to recover financially from Linus and Zooey.

Sybil and Martin are my youngest ferrets, Sybil is 1 1/2 and Martin is
between 3 and 3 1/2.  If there is anyone interested in possibly adopting
these two, I live in the Portland, OR area.  Please email me and I can give
you more information about them.  They are both very very sweet and healthy
ferrets.  Unfortunately they do not come with a cage but Sybil has a lot of
toys (though she is lacking an earflap), and all Martin wants in the world
is to lick faces (and eat food).  They get along with other ferrets.

Zooey is my oldest, I have had her for 4 1/2 years.  I am not looking
forward to what is going to happen to her in the next couple years.  She
has had symptoms of insolinoma now for several months, is possibly
developing symptoms of adrenal (test won't be back for a week), and has
moderate to severe symptoms of inflammatory bowel disease.  Her vet has
seen clinical cases turn into lymphoma if not diagnosed and treated:(

thanks,

Minta
(& Zooey, Linus, Martin & Sybil)