Date:
Mon, 29 Nov 1999 22:30:51 -0800
Hopefully there is a vet out there who can explain this to me, I am
confused.

I had one of my hobs neutered and at the time, went over all the
possibilities because he was a major sprayer and every time he did this, I
would gag (it was that bad!)  Anyway, I talked to two vets in Washington
that do not condone the practice of descenting, and that the ferret will
still poof once fixed but that it is hormonal and once the balls are gone,
the smell will be too.  This has proven true for my other male and my
female has not sprayed since she was fixed.  Is it possible that my ferret
has an impacted anal gland?  He is not rubbing his scent on anything or
acting weird, just spraying.  Would an impacted gland cause him to still
spray?  If anyone can help me out with these questions, I would greatly
appreciate it (and so would my nose).  I do not want to put him under the
knife again.

Thanks!