From:
Marion Houle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2000 17:22:22 -0500
As a fellow Canadian, I'd like to say hello to Kathy in the prairies - I
am in Ottawa, and could definately use a snowmobile to get to school some
days!

Jen suggested that we write in funny things we have been caught doing, so
here's mine:

I live alone with 5 fuzzies and 2 cats.  One evening I was expecting one of
my friends to come over around 7:30.  I had left the front door unlocked (I
live in an apartment building) and told him to just knock and walk in; the
music would be pretty loud as I was cleaning the fuzzies' room and probably
wouldn't hear him knock.

So, there I am in sweats and a tee-shirt, all scruffy looking, and it is
only 6:45, the music is cranked real loud (Metallica) and I have my baby
Indy in my arms and I am dancing with him in the living room and singing
Enter Sandman at the top of my lungs.  And, yup, in walks my friend -
except I didn't really notice him right away.  HE SAYS he was there for a
good minute before I finally clued in!  Well, pretty embarrassing for a
second, but, at least he is a really, really good friend of mine, and
knows how much I love my fuzzies!

Another time, I was cleaning, as usual, and the music was nice and loud
(AC/DC this time) and there was this pounding at my door.  I have two
ferrets in my hands, two down my shirt and I am trying to open the door at
the same time (as they are squirming to get down and get out) and there is
my superintendant telling me he is here to fix the toilet ... well, did he
ever jump - he didn't know I had ferrets!  What the **** are those?  When I
tried to explain and all that stuff, he left saying he wasn't coming into
an apartment with rats!  I have managed to convince him that they are not
rats and that it is safe to come into my apartment, but he'll only come in
when they are in their room (with the door closed - just in case they can
jump the 3 foot high walls of their enclosure).

Enjoy those embarrassing moments, I think they make us funnier!!

Marion