From:
"Amy C. Dempsey" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Dec 1999 16:50:05 -0800
On Christmas eve, my little JJ (5 year old male) suddenly just stopped
eating.  I panicked and took him to the vet.  X-rays showed nothing but his
spleen was huge.  I remembered him jumping off a carrier two days prior and
thinking that he landing on the hard side but he look as if he was okay.
The vet had me nurse him through the weekend and bring him in Monday.  He
would not eat all weekend so I force fed him pedilyte mixed with Nutrical.

Monday the X-rays showed an empty stomach and lots of gas.  I am thinking
blockage - Tuesday they openned him up - his spleen was huge and bruised,
it was so large and swollen it was pushing on his stomach and intestines
so out it came.

While the vet was in there I had her look at the adrenal glands since JJ
had shown hairloss last year on his lower back - we had been planning on
doing a Tennessee panel on them later this year anyway.  Both adrenal
glands look normal as did everything else.  He's still not getting around
yet but he is eating and I sure am a relieve mom.

Odie who turned 9 last September, has slept under the Christmas tree since
we put it up.  First she slept amoung the presents and now she rolls up
in the x-mas tree skirt.  I guess she thinks she's a X-mas present.  I
certianly think she is!!!  She has had insolinuma for over a year, she's
been on predisone and resently weve added proglycem, she is running all
over the house like a young kit again.

Amy and her 6 wonderful fur snakes