Date:
Tue, 28 Dec 1999 09:25:22 EST
Why don't you read through the issues of Modern Ferret, Ferrets or Ferrets
USA that the pet shop sells and find an article on why shavings are bad for
ferrets?  It seems to me that it is mentioned at least once every other
issue.  If you point out a published article, it might have effect.  The
other option is to get your vet involved to call and talk to the pet shop
owner about proper ferret maintnenance while in the pet shop.  I'm writing
an article for HSUS on ferrets in pet shops.  It may not get published, but
hopefully it will help out animal control people who investigate complaints
about ferrets in pet hsops.

Pam T.