From:
Gordon Kessler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Dec 1999 19:31:52 EST
Hello friends,

I love what you're doing here.  The stories being told bring tears to my
eyes.  I don't know everyone else's stories, I don't suppose mine is all
that special or different.

I'm a former Marine, divorced twice, kids all grown up and away from home.
I find little joy in the real world so I spend most of my time writing
thriller novels--and playing with my wonderful carpet sharks.

Over the years, a number of ferrets have passed in and out of my life, for
various reasons.  Cocoa shared my life for six and a half years.  He was
a wonderful little sable hob.  We went through a lot together while I was
recovering from a devastating divorce and the bankruptcy of my business.
I lived in tiny, windowless basement apartments and broken down trailers.

Now things are much better, but my little companion followed the rainbow
last March.  He'd nearly died on a number of occasions, from various
ailments including a broken leg, and crystals in his bladder that
necessitated invasive surgeries three times in two years.  I lost him more
times than I like to consider, but he always seemed to find his way back,
even when ferretknapped.

I'm now sharing my life with five ferrets, but even five could never
replace Cocoa.  Still they are very special in their own right and I know
that I will become just as attached to each of them--they are all less
than nine months old.

Thank you for allowing me into your mailing list.  I had thought that no
one else could understand my love for ferrets.

Happy New Year (paws up from Ernie, Pearl, Jack, Hank and Harper Lee)!