From:
Manae Palsgrove <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Dec 1999 13:23:28 PST
Hello All and Merry Christmas,

My name is Manae and my husband is Buck, we have a daughter name Marissa
and we are from Henderson, NV.  We have 10 ferrets and 2 dogs.  We (or
should I say just I) have been reading the FML since Sept.

Our ferrets names are Cuddles (we got her from a yard sale the lady just
gave her to me), Tiki, Dash (a rescue from California), Belle, Val, Bandi,
Cleveland, Capri, Mercedes, and Sid.  The 9 we got from CJ and 24 Carat
ferret Rescue in Las Vegas.  Ferret math got ahold of us also.  Each time
we would go visit CJ and all the Ferrets we would fall in love again and
end up taking one more home with us.  The last time we visited CJ we even
ended up with one of our dogs, Samantha.  I have never really been attached
to any animal but let my kids have dogs, until one day when my son brought
home a ferret that his friend did not want anymore, his mane was Slinky.  I
was afraid of it and stayed away.  But then my son lost interest and I
couldn't bear to see the poor thing neglected so I would go into my sons
room and clean and care for him.  Soon I had lost all fear and fell in
love.  He was the cutest thing, but he got sick and passed away.  At the
time I had no idea how to properly care for ferrets.  I cried and cried for
days worrying that I had not done enough for him but at the time I had no
idea what to do.  I have learned so much from CJ and reading that I know
that my little fuzzies will live a better life now.  As I acquired more
fuzzies I discovered a problem.  Which brings me to my question.

I am allergic to my sweet little angels.  We have had to more them out of
the house and have made them there own little house out of a shed in the
back yard.  They are comfy and cozy but I sure miss them being around all
the time.  I am in desperate need of help to try and cure my allergies.  I
am under a doctors care and he just laughs at me when I tell him I can't
get rid of my pets.  I also have an air cleaner in there room and I am
taking vitamins to strengthen my immune system so far it doesn't seem to
help.  I'm beginning to feel like I'm fighting a losing battle.  Can anyone
help?  Please send me any advice you can offer?

Thanks
Manae