Date:
Fri, 19 Nov 1999 00:52:05 -0600
I am having the worst day of my whole entire tiny little life and wanted
to share it with you.  I realize that not every one will understand.  but
those who do will in spades.........................

I hate to say my favorite ferret, but........ my favorite little girl is
seriously sick, of course she did this late Sun. anyway, she sounded like
maybe a cold (I wish) but the vet said no fever no nasal discharge no
sneezing etc.  She does however have fluid in her lungs, a heartbeat almost
to rapid to count with none of the natural "pauses" of a healthy ferret.
Not to mention the labored breathing.  So we must assume heart trouble,
no murmer but.....we started the lasix and the thrumb?  sp?  duck soup,
(crunching kibble when you can't breath is bad) and pedialyte.  She goes in
Tomorrow for the chest exrays and the ekg etc, the vet and I thought that a
few days on the med. would help and give us a clearer picture of her heart
when exrayed.  It's not.  she still sounds horrible and is weak and listles
except for breaf moments of ferretdome when she cant help herself and she
attacks plastic bags, then colapses in an out of breath heap.  She is a
female, 51/2 yrs old and about 21/4 lbs.  I know others have had ferrets
with heart trouble, and I know it is not good, can anyone tell me what to
expect?  Will letting her play even though it tires her out so badly hurt?
Why is she refusing to drink any thing but eating duck soup voluntarily?
Will she ever feel good again?  or is this as good as it gets once this
happens?  What is the nicest thing I can do for her?  Aside from the
spoiled feet never touching the ground girl she has always been?  cooler?
warmer?  thinner?  fatter?  what is best?

Susan and her worried spitless six pack