From:
K HUTCHINSON <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Nov 1999 22:36:06 -0500
Well, I love it when I can answer my own questions.  A few weeks ago, at
the end of my post, I asked if anyone had any idea why so many ferrets are
named Chloe.  Nobody had any hints.  Today, while I was watching the Macy's
Thanksgiving Parade on NBC, they showed the clown balloon.  Well, they
noted her name is Chloe and she is the "Guardian Spirit of Clowns".  That
explains it!!  We all know what clowns our little babies can be, such
angels too, how wonderful.  I think it's really neat.

Just to brag, I have also christened our little Chloe the ambassador of
ferrets.  Yesterday she visitted the preschool of one of the children I
babysit.  A room full of 4-5 year olds and she just lay in my hands and let
them touch her and pet her and love her.  The teachers were quite impressed
and fell in love with her too, just like us.  I am so proud of her.  Oh,
it's even better than that because (now that I remember) before going there
I had locked the keys in the truck.  I had to call the police to come and
slimjim the door.  The animal control officer was the one who responded.
"How appropriate," I thought,"I have an animal in my hands and animal
control comes to help." Long story short - the officer actually liked our
Chloe and pet her and agreed with me that, as long as they are raised right
with caring owners, ferrets too can be wonderful pets.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.