Date:
Mon, 18 Oct 1999 14:30:39 GMT
Adrenals and pain: In addition to any physical pain prompted by the adrenal
condition, I think that a ferret with adrenal can suffer some psychological
distress as well, at least so it seemed in Cully's case.  I think that
Cully was very upset by having impulses that he couldn't follow through on
(mark territory, mate with other ferrets, etc.-- unneutered behavior, in
other words).  He would look very distressed running from litterbox to
litterbox trying to mark them.  I think that Amelia may have been more
distressed by the mating behavior than he was, but I'm sure it must have
been somewhat frustrating for Cully.  I have noticed a definite personality
change after the adrenal surgery-- he's mellower, and much less inclined to
bite.  He's nicer to Amelia now as well.  So, I would postulate that the
changed hormone levels caused by an adrenal tumor aren't much fun for the
ferret.

Blazes and health: Amelia is what the Killians refer to as a
panda-blaze-wannabe ;-).  She has Waardensburg and is five years old,
but hasn't had any major illnesses or conditions, apart from a blockage
(and I think all ferrets have a genetic predisposition for that!).  Wow, I
can't believe she's five already!  She certainly doesn't act like it :-)

Regina

Regina Harrison
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Lofts/1083
Electra the Brujah's page:
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Labyrinth/8096

Wrapped in my mongrel wings, I nearly freeze
In the howlin wind and drivin rain
All the trash blowin round 'n' round