From:
Connie Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Oct 1999 13:13:28 EDT
I don't know how you guys do it!  How do you some of theses meds into your
ferrets?  We are one our third antibiotic in 2 months and Butch acts as
if he's being poisoned.  We used Amoxi (he's wasn't wild about it but
tolerated it), went to Cylmox (SP) (he ran, hid, spit) and now we have
Baytril, both chewable and not chewable.  He does not consider it chewable
and hates it.  I tried to scruff him this morning, pried open that little
mouth and give him 1/4 of the tablet.  He spit it out at me.  This is all
because of a respiratory infection.  I have been putting the Ferret RX in
an inhaler and putting him in the carrier to breath it in.  Any idea?  I
was thinking that maybe I should just get him shots and bear the expense
so he can get better.  Any suggestions would be appreacated.

Connie