From:
Julie Coddington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Dec 1999 13:03:16 -0500
Happy holidays to all the FML folks.  I'm Julie and I live in Westerville,
Ohio.  I only have one little lady fert, Zoe, but she is truly a joy (if
only she wouldn't go for the Achilles tendon!).  She is a 2 pound sable
with a lot of white down her back and a very pointy face (I still think she
is beautiful).  To Kevin, I have shed many tears after reading your story.
How sad to lose your fuzzy ones.  I can't even begin to think how horrible
this has been for you.  I am truly, truly sorry.

I think Shaklee might be a real good cleaner option for all the ferret
areas.  I use their Basic-H to wash Zoe's cage - it has a plastic base and
3 levels with tubes running inside and outside the cage.  It is very
concentrated so I'm always sure just to use a few drops and rinse
carefully.  I also use their laundry detergent on her bedding.  All of
their products are biodegradeable and environmentally correct (I believe).
Their hand soap has no soap in it so it can't harm anything, either.  I
wash all my linoleum floors with the Basic-H too and have never had an
incident.

God bless all the shelter people and the special ferret vets.  If I didn't
work 56 hours a week I'd let the ferret math hit me, but I just can't right
now, but it is always in the back of my mind.  Thank you to Big and Dr.
Weiss and all of the other special ferret lovers.  Your hearts are
definitely in the right place.  I'm very, very happy to have found the FML.
Take care and hug your weasels.