From:
Elisa Mohn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Nov 1999 10:22:35 -0500
Hi all - Elisa here.

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with ferrets biting for no
apparent reason?

Here is the scoop: because my management evicted my ferrets because of
their personal problem with me I have a wonderful lady (Jackie) who has
taken to sheltering Tubby and Fuzzit at her house.  She has 14 ferrets of
her own - 2 of which have bitten me unmercifully hard for no apparent
reason.  One of them - Cody just walks right up to me climbs up my leg and
bites the very tender upper calf region of my leg - this has happened 3
times in the last 2 months!  The other one George just did it last night
while I was playing with Tubby and Fuzzit - he just all of a sudden
casually leaned over and clamped on to my arm!  Cody has managed to make
me bleed - every times.  George bit hard but did not make me bleed.

I do not wear any scented lotions or sprays - so I can not imagine why this
is happening but it is and it's becoming very frightening!  I am literally
becoming very nervous and uncomfortable - paranoid if you will about this
occurring!  I don't want to feel this way but they really hurt!  I wonder
if they just do not like me at all!  I do not think that I have ever done
anything to them to make them not like me - if anything I have been very
loving, attention giving and treat giving!

If anyone has any explanations, similar experiences or suggestions I'd love
to hear about it!

Upset and shaken,
Elisa
(Fuzzit and Tubby)