From:
Stephanie Daniels <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Oct 1999 20:18:05 GMT
I had my sister-in-law over for dinner the other night and she couldn't
stop herself from running back to the ferret hammocks and pulling sleepy,
droopy, snuggly ferrets out for lovin's.  They were yawning and rolling and
licking..being sweet as always.  She says "I went to my 'moms group' today
and we started talking about ferrets for some reason and they all screamed:
'FERRETS, your sis-in-law has ferrets?  Aren't they mean?' and I said,
'actually they are really funny and sweet'"

So I looked at her and said "I don't know what the problem is...how come
people who have never ever met a ferret can pass judgment like that?
What's the deal?" and she says, "Actually, before I met Chimi and Pepe I
thought ferrets were mean too."

And I forgot what my point was.  I am just baffled.  Are they really THIS
misunderstood??  Is the effort futile??  I feel so...so...violated.

I am glad she set them straight, but I have a feeling the moms didn't
believe her.

Well, just now, I set the president of our company straight about ferrets.
He asked if I "raise them" and if "they bite" he said he has seen them
romping in the snow in Colorado on ski trips...says they turn white as the
snow...what animal would that be...he asked someone down there and they
said "ferrets".  I told him probably not, but don't know.  Are black footed
ferrets in Colorado and do they turn white??

There's my ignorance, but hey...I'm domesticated.

well...sorry for ranting. i'm gonna run home and roll on the floor with my
fuzzies.

sincerely,stephanie,chimi&pepe