From:
Charles Onken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Oct 1999 11:19:07 -0400
Checking Cujo's tummy the other night, I noticed his lump getting a little
bigger.  the "lump" is a prostate cyst he has had for a couple of years
now.  He has had quite a few operations over the last couple of years, one
of which re-routed his urinary tract so he is plumbed like a girl instead
of a boy.  Cujo's cyst sometimes will fill up and need to be aspirated with
a needle.  The last time was last November.  Friday evening, we took Cujo
to the South orange Animal Hospital in Orlando and they removed 16cc's of
greenish-bluish gunk from the cyst.  That's right......16cc's.  The record
before that was 11cc's.  I put Ferretvite in my hand, Cujo licked, a vet
assistant held him and the vet poked a needle in him three or four times.
He flinched ONCE.  Tough little guy.  For those who want the whole story,
check old FML"s going back about 2 1/2 to 3 years.  Cujo has survived way
past what I would have thought.  Ashamed to say, but I have given up on him
more than once.  Cujo has taught me, however, to never give up.  Here is
what he receives for medication:

LYSODREN 3 500mg tabs in 30cc sesame oil  1cc every other day

EULEXIN 5 125 mg caps in 62.5cc sesame oil  1cc per day

PROSCAR 10 5mg tabs in 10cc sesame oil  .1cc per day

PREDNISONE 1/4 of a 5mg cap per day

ORBAX 5.7mg tab  1 per day

He has been on this schedule for a little over a year and thrives on it.
He also gets some of Bob's Chicken Gravy each night, and he goes through a
Cheweasel a week.  Runs everywhere (live is too short to walk), LOVES our
little girl ferret, jumps straight up in the air, chuckles and giggles,
and gives kisses even when he has just gotten home from the vets.  No body
hair....worlds most ugly BEAUTIFUL ferret.

Charlie, Ag, Donna, Cujo, Bandit, Snowball and Valentine
in Florida