From:
Georgette Peters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Oct 1999 13:06:59 -0400
Hi there everyone!  Hope everyone is doing well and well wishes to those
who are going through hard times right now with illnesses and losses.
Just thought I'd drop a line to let everyone know how things are in my
household.

Geisha's eye is okay - I guess.  She has graduated from eyedrops to a type
of ointment.  Still incredibly unimpressed about the whole thing.  Can't
blame her - she's definitely getting her 'guilt points' in.  Next week we
sometimes but it's not as bad as before and her eye isn't watering alot so
we're hoping there's been some progress.  I guess she doesn't completely
hate me yet for putting her through these ritual 'tortures' cuz I still get
personal eyebrow grooming in the morning and she just recently finished
helping me dry my legs after I got out of the shower.

She is slowing down - at six and a half - and I know that she has some
problems (adrenal and/or lymphoma) but I don't feel that she's a good
candidate for surgery.  When we go in next week to see Rick, I'm going to
ask him for some info on Lupron.  I don't think she's in pain or anything
like that, but she's definitely not as spunky as she used to be.  I'm also
wondering if she might be a bit depressed since all her original harem of
Da Boys (Buster, Nik and Gushi) are now at the Bridge.  I've been trying to
give her some extra one-on-one time and provide the occasional adventure
and she's still very inquisitive so maybe she just needs some time to get
over the losses herself.

Speaking of new adventures, I finished ferret proofing (well, MOSTLY) the
upstairs and I now let them play in the sewing room while I'm working on
stuff.  There are just a few things that I can't do much about.  Like the
fact that Frodo has figured out how to climb up the back of the shelves
that have all the boxes of cloth, etc on them.  There are a few things on
the top shelf that are 1) breakable and 2) quite heavy.  I just can't leave
him unattended as such because he might think that shoving stuff off that
top shelf is fun.  And it'd be *****really***** bad if he decided to do
that while one of the girls was at the bottom, looking up, saying "So
what's up there anyhow??  Oh crap!!  OOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW!!!!"  He can also
jump from these shelves to the ironing board - trust me, I DON'T leave the
heated iron unattended AT ALL!!  But even if it was cool, it's tippy and
again, darned heavy.

Tessa really wants to investigate the sewing table but I'd rather she
didn't.  Keeps nipping my feet when I'm sewing and ignoring her trying to
jump up my leg and such.  OW!  Long as I don't end up sewing my fingers!!!
She's managed to climb my leg a few times and I let her sniff around for
a wee bit and then put her back on the floor.

Frodo and Tessa thunder back and forth between the two rooms, chasing and
wrestling each other - sounds like a herd of small elephants!

Overall, they're having a blast and even hitting the litterbox in there
no problem!!!  Brag, brag, brag!!  I admit they have pooped in front of
the door a couple of times though when it's been closed to show their
disapproval.

Well, that's about it - this is getting longer than I had originally
anticipated. Have a great day and hugs to all!

George, Jasper and the Crew