From:
Mustang Charlie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Oct 1999 00:28:23 -0700
Lara Tyminski wrote:
>well I put a poster up there a week and a half a go and it's gone now.
>Some manager guy said what was it for, I said a ferret shelter - adoptions
>etc.  He said OH THAT'S A CONFLICT OF INTEREST SINCE WE SELL FERRETS SO I
>HAD TO TAKE IT DOWN.
>No wonder I only got 2 phone calls.  I was really mad and wanted to say
>something nasty...

I am afraid that I am on the side of the store in this case.  If I owned a
pet store selling ferrets, I would not want someone posting an ad on my
bulletin board about selling ferrets...regardless of the reasons or causes.

It would be the same thing as my going into a new car dealership and
posting a flyer about my used car lot on their bulletin board.  Sorta
tacky, doncha think?

Take advantage of other areas in your community to post info about your
shelter.  Look to your local area cheapo ad paper..many times they will
print your ad for free if it is involving shelter animals.  Remember, as
objectionable as a pet store selling ferrets is to you, it is equally
objectionable to them to have competition in their own store.

For our ferrets.

MC, The Rude One
(With Garret, Snorkle, and Tuzigoot.  In spirit, Bubba and Billy-Bob)