Date:
Tue, 28 Dec 1999 23:04:16 EST
As we all come to the close of this year, some of us have a pantry filled
with canned goods, candles, water, etc.  The Y2K thing is almost here.  I
did not worry until someone mentioned that countries other than ours are
NOT Y2K compliant.  Missiles pointed in our general direction could-----
????

Big should not allow a Y2K discussion, and I am sure won't.  I write
because I love you guys, and just in case something terrible does happen,
and some of us could survive- ***** don't forget to have lots of extra
food for your ferrets.******

Sounds kinda stupid.  But tonight, I went to 2 stores.  There was no
bottled water and few canned goods left.  Radio Shack was out of
flashlights and other light devices requiring batteries.  So I am not
the only one who is not sure of what will happen.

If there is a nuclear weapon released in Florida, I suppose people up North
would survive.  But there would be a time of chaos.  Just thought that you
might want to bulk up on food for the ferts.

You know what???  If nothing happens--you will have terrific gifts for your
shelters with all that food.  That is my game plan.  I havd well over 6
months of food for them in my pantry.  Of course, I would starve after 4
weeks.

If anyone on this list is POSITIVE that something like this could not
possibly occur-please let us all know.  But I do not see how that is
possible.  Even the news keeps mentioning terrorist acts they are unsure
of that might hit us.

Now this is really goofy sounding but true: if anything happens to us, I
just want you guys to know that I love you all collectively.  You have been
a true friend-sharing your time, experience, sadness, joy, and comfort.
Who else could understand my joy in ferrets but you???

There are some special people I met on this list (that is so great because
of Biggo) that I E-mail to.  I love you guys big time.  You know who you
are.

I will not be reading any E mail after Thursday night until after the new
year because I promised my family I would not.  Everything will be deleted
that I receive to avoid viruses.

Hope I am just overly concerned.  But just in case--
Make peace with those you love today, and ask God into your life.
That is always a great plan.

Lisette