From:
Catherine Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Dec 1999 14:07:45 EST
I am very glad to see you posting again, Ed.  (Of course, you might have
been for a while and I just didn't notice, I am so very, very behind in my
FML's.)  I have a question for you regarding your "almost steaming" water
and cold water test.  I understand where you are going with this, but I
must ask........

Are you SURE that the duct tape would stop the little baby before it could
get to the steaming water?  And, even if blind, what is to stop the baby
from jumping over the tape and getting to the water before you can react?
(I've learned not to underestimate someone's abilities, just because they
have a disability....and that goes for animals also....)  Believe me, I am
not trying to fight with you on this.  I just wouldn't trust myself to get
to the ferret in time.  We all know just how fast they can move when they
want to.........but maybe I have slower reflexes than most.  (I wouldn't be
surprised at that, let me tell you....)

Also, if they step on the duct tape, couldn't it possibly injure them in
and of itself?  That is some sticky stuff...... What if it gets stuck on
ferrety fur, or the sensitive pads of their little feet?  The potential for
injury or irritation there, too, worries me.  I break out in huge red welts
from tape on a bandage, I would hate to see what duct tape would do to me.

Again, maybe you have already tested this and know that I am overreacting
to what I perceive as dangers.  But, if not, all I'm asking is that you
think it through carefully for their safety.  I have no reason to believe
that you would ever do anything to intentionally jeopardize them.

Sadly, many accidents happen on a daily basis as the result of
miscalculations.  (Look at the report on the number of deaths a year
due to medical error......scary, huh?)

Catherine, Pato, Snowball, Hubert, and Elsie
"Behind The Zion Curtain"