From:
Sandy Repper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 22:50:54 EST
Sorry,this is a day late,but they cut my phone line again,as they put in a
new road near by.I'm from Los Lunas,New Mexico,USA and have 6 ferrets
residing with me at the moment.Taz,Jasmine,Honey,Sugar and rescues Boris
and Natasha.

A short recap for those with bad memories,like me.Ferret Hood,Friar Muck
and Little Yawn found a good hidey hole and started training others in
ferret warfare.Along came Jill Cinnamon,the fastest ferret in all
ferretdom,and she joined the band of merry mustelids,that wanted to get
back at Prince Litterbox and the Sheriff of Knotingham for confiscating
their relatives and their food and treats.

The dust down the road told them someone was coming.They all got into
position,some under leaves,some behind the trees and some in the trees,
which wasn't easy with ferret paws.When the carriage was almost upon
then,they jumped out dooking and dancing like dervishes.The driver was so
startled,he came to a complete stop to watch the show.While he sat
stupefied watching the wild gyrations,Hood,Jill and Yawn went to work,
hopping in the carriage and stealing the purses full of gold.Hood was just
about to steal a nice fat purse,when he looked up and saw a vision of
beauty in silver fur.Never in his life had he seen such a sprite.She was
truly the essence of ethereal elegance on earth.As his mind clouded over,he
was brought back to reality by a nip on his tail and turned to see Jill
staring at him.

"Let's go.Hurry."she urged leaping out the carriage door.Hood grabbed the
purse,took one last look at the silver magnificence and leapt,as his heart
had when he saw her,out behind Jill.

He watched the carriage drive away from behind a tree,and wondered who the
silver siren could be.

They distributed the acquired wealth in a local town,so the townsfolk could
get food and treats.Hood overheard a conversation about contests the
Sheriff of Knotingham was putting on at the autumnal equinox faire.He also
found out that the vision in fur was Sprite Marion,and she was being forced
to become the pet of of the sheriff,to save her family from confiscation.
That night he told the other members of the group what he had learned in
the village.

"I think we ought to enter the contests.You could win the overall prize
with no problem Hood.",Yawn said confidently.

Hood smiled,nodded in thanks and said,"I think our friend Jill and you Yawn
have a good chance at winning the prize also."

Jill Cinnamon sat up a little straighter,and grinning said excitedly,"I'd
love to win that bag of raisins.Of course,I'd share them with all of you."
Hood, Friar Muck and Little Yawn all dooked their thanks.

"They know our faces too well now,"Friar Muck interjected,"I don't think
they'd let us enter the faire,much less the contests."

"I've got an idea about that," Hood replied,"I think masks for everyone are
in order."

"Yea,"agreed Jill,"That way nobody will know who we are."

They all moved in closer,and started making plans for the faire.

Translated from the dook by Sandy and Fuzzgigs