From:
"marie i. schatz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 18:22:02 -0500
Just a couple of quick comments about the on again never quite off again
MF debate.

I don't anyone has ever said the MF ferrets themselves were "bad".  The
fact that there are terrible conditions at some private breeders doesn't
exonerate or make acceptable what MF or any other large or small breeder
does.

If you wouldn't buy a dog or cat from a pet store (and I sincerely hope
everyone knows better) why would you buy a ferret there?  Companion animals
shouldn't be sold in pet stores.  (Or at exotic animal auctions or garage
sales or in one case in my town here a pawn shop for crying out loud).

Mary, Booker and the fuzzbutts Giesela and Boris