Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 12 Dec 1999 17:39:32 EST
From:
First off, I want to thank everyone for their supprt in the Tyson ferret
mess.  The end result really stinks, even the assistant D.A.  didn't like
the outcome, but I feel her hands were tied.  She did make the Tyson
assistant pay a $1000.  donation to the shelter, which they hand delivered.
I would have rather seen someone be prosicuted for this neglect, but on the
bright side, I did prove neglect but couldn't prove responsibility.  All I
can say is money talks.

The deceased ferret, Apology, will be creamated this week and brought back
to the shelter where at least he will rest in peace among other very loved
ferrets.  even though I never got to really know him or his real name, I
still love him and hurt that he had to die a death of starvation.

Apology's necropsy showed no signs of cancer or illness.  Dr. Kolmstetter
said that she had never seen a body woth NO body fat.  She could see every
organ and the adrenal glands clearly because there was NO fat in the way.
He weighed less than half of what should of.

Blonka, aka Robin dropped weight this week and she is currently being
hand fed.  As i'm sure you all know once a ferret has undergone such
malnutrition, as she has, that the road to recovery is long and we can
never be sure that the ferret will ever be right again.

Well to sum it up, I gave he photos and the whole story to the Nat.  Enq.,
before you flame me and say I sold out.  I am receiving no money for the
story.  I asked that they print the truth and show the photos for the world
to see just what a monster Tyson really is.  They did say that they will
make a donation to the shelter, I do not know the amount.

I hope is is a good amount so that maybe I can share with the other
shelters by donation to SOS.  Whatever the amount, there will be a part
of it going to help out other shelters.

Also, the animal control said they never heard of anyone being prosicuted
for ferret abuse/neglect.  So if anyone has proof of this please send to me
so I can get a folder together for the animal control here in Las Vegas so
they have a referrence in case it is ever needed again.  I don't want to
hear that story again.

Please, lets hope that this whole mess helps people realize that ferrets
are as important as dogs and cats.  Ferrets have just as much as a right to
like as anything else alive on this planet.

I feel like my fight for ferrets rights has just begun, this is an open
door for all of us to do some good.  I hope we can get our point across.
As for Tyson, I can only try to make his life as crappy as he did to those
ferrets.  I heard that he got booed last week at the Billboard music award
show here in L.V.  If anyone has a tape I would love to see it.

Oh, yeah BTW, I did a phone interview with a radio station in Washington
with Ed Lipinsky (sp), let me just say one thing, he sounds alot meaner in
print!!  Ed, you sound like a pussy cat, now I know you just like to stir
the s@@# here on the FML.

Take care everyone, and again my sincere thanks to you all,
Cj
24 Carat Ferret Rescue And Shelter
where ferrets are treated like gold..........