From:
Chere Mccoy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Wed, 28 Oct 1992 22:38:31 -0500
Between 28 August and 28 October 1992, 28 Ferrets were Evacuated from
the Miami Area (after Hurricane Andrew).  The rescue effort which
transpired during this period - and continues to go on (this Sunday
9 more ferrets will be air evaced out) was made  possible through
Chris and his Ferret Mailing List.  Chris stood by us throughout
the process of rescue - he made such great people as the Houston
Area Ferret Assoication, Greater Chicago Ferret Rescue, and
Legion of Superferrets aware of our plight.  Because of Chris
and his mailing list 28 ferrets are alive today.  Because of Chris,
members of the Ferret Mailing list, and many many ferret lovers in
the U.S. and Europe; ferrets who experienced the horror of Andrew
are alive and well.  We Thank you for something that few can
give - THE GIFT OF LIFE.  To Chris and his mailing list subscribers
WE LOVE YOU ALL.  SIGNED ANGELA ESPINET, PRESIDENT MIAMI FERRET
CLUB, CUTLER RIDGE, FLORIDA. (this message passed to you by
the Ferret Friend of Indian River County, Miami Hurricane Ferret
   Rescue)