From:
Carrie Paps <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Oct 1999 09:16:18 -0400
Hello everyone,

Fuzzy hugs to you and yours.  We are preparing for Pip's surgery on October
19th.  He is still doing great, just a little 1" x 2" bare bottom and thin
skin.  Still eating well, no weight loss, pooping, and beating the crap out
of everybody.  A common call in our house is "PIP, STOP IT!" We have a
smaller cage set up for him, it's two levels, has a litter box, food dish,
recovery sack, and a few of his teddy bears.  Now here is the main
question, I have read that people feed their ferrets Chicken Gravy after
the surgery, if this necessary???  I don't have a blender or a cuisnart or
anything like that, so I'm not able to grind up the chicken.  Is there
another way I can make it?  Will he be able to eat his Totally Ferret like
normal?  Is there anything else special I should do for him?  What can I
expect when I pick him up?  (I will also as the Vet, but I like to know
things in advance.)

One other quick question, Ozzy seems to be coming into season, he is
smellling like a "rose", does he need to be separated from the other 5
FIXED ferrets in his cage?  He hasn't been to aggressive with them, just
wants to play so for now, he is in there, but is it common to have to
remove them when they are in season???

As for the rest of my household, things are a little better.  My husband
has shown some really good improvement since getting out of the hospital.
We saw his doctor yesterday and he said he would help my husband get into a
program for skills training for disabled people.  I over heard him on the
phone last night and he was telling someone about and was all excited.  I
see a little light at the end of the tunnel.

Other than that, all is quiet.  I would like to thank everyone again for
their kindness, thoughts, gifts, donations, and loans.  I always knew
ferret people were great, you have all made these hard days a little easier
on my soul.  One day my husband called me all excited because there was a
package addressed to me at the house, inside was a recovery sack and
sleeping sack, he couldn't believe people would be so generous to us.
Thank you for helping him see something good in life again.

A few acknowledgments, Beth R., Mary C., Ferret Wise Shelter, Don C.,
Vicki H., Jackie S., Georgia, Stephanie, Laurel, Trish G., and Rae.  You
all have special places in my heart,

And Amy Flemming, thanks for being a friend!  I miss you!

Carrie